Ages 13+ • 3 hours • From the largest forest to a view of Oslo from the top
Personel per Guide:
Minimum 2 Persons
Maximum 15 Persons
In addition to the city, Oslo has both a coastline, forest and mountains!
On this trip we will visit green hiking areas, parks, along rivers and into Nordmarka which is the largest forest area in close proximity.
We will also see Holmenkollen Skijump arena and we will be high enough to get a view on top of Oslo.
Program and recommendations
Trip starts at at our shop Jernbanetorget 1, Oslo Central Station and we try and escape the centre of the city as efficiently as possible.
- We then follow Akerselva as far as possible towards Maridalen.
- We stop to show Aamot Bridge and tell the story about it (this type of bridge collapses when armies march over them)
- Next stop is Mølla waterfall. Use time to talk about industry along the river.
- Frysja is the last stop before Maridalen. Frysja is the old Norse name for the river and means “frothy” or “bubbly”
- Then we get into the forests of Nordmarka and take a gravel road first to Hammeren and then up the hill to Ullevålseter
This is the halfway point of our trip and we stop here for coffee and buns. (Note, its closed on Mondays so we might have to stop at Frognerseteren)
- We then continue uphill to get a view over Nordmarka and Skjærsjøen. After that its downhill all the way to the centre.
- Short stops at Frognerseteren, Holmenkollen Kirke, and Holmenkollen Ski Jump before cycling through residential areas.
- We ride down Ankerveien where the old Malm industry carriers went in the old days.
- We then take a small gravel track through Mærradalen and then some tranquil sidestreets to get to Skøyen
- From Skøyen we take the cycle path along the coast past Frognerkilen, Aker Brygge, Akershus Festning and then back to that start.
Fitness level: Since we have electrical bikes the trip is easy and no need for specific fitness level. Hilly terrain on asphalt and gravel road. Total distance is 42 km (26 miles)
Included / Excluded
- Please add the number of electrical bikes under Accessories
- Not included: Food and water. We will have a stop along the way where there is an opportunity to buy something to drink and eat.